Kebbi State nicknamed “Land of Equity” was created out of the then Sokoto State on 27 August 1991 by the government of General Ibrahim Babangida. It lies in North-Western Nigeria with its capital in Birnin Kebbi. It became part of the Songhai Empire in the fifteenth century.
Kebbi State is bordered by Sokoto State to the North and East, Niger State to the South, Dosso Region in the Republic of Niger to the Northwest and the Republic of Benin to the West.
Kebbi State Snapshot
- Total land area: 36,985 Km2
- Local Government Areas: 21 LGAs: Aleiro, Arewa – Dandi, Argungu, Augie, Bagudo, Birnin Kebbi, Bunza, Dandi, Fakai, Gwandu, Jega, Kalgo, Koko / Besse, Maiyama, Ngaski, Sakaba, Shanga, Suru, Wasagu / Danko, Yauri, Zuru.
- Population: 4,724,046 (Male- 2,631,629 and Female- 1,624,912)
- Vegetation: Tropical Savannah
- Major crops: Millet, Wheat, Guinea corn, Rice, Onion, Groundnut, Cotton, Maize.
- Solid minerals: Kaolin, Gypsum, Salt, Gold, Glassware and Marble
Main Investment Opportunities
Opportunities for investment exist in:
- Light Manufacturing
- Business Process Outsourcing