Kogi is a state in the central region of Nigeria. It is popularly called the Confluence State because the confluence of River Niger and River Benue is at its capital, Lokoja, which is the first administrative capital of modern-day Nigeria.
Kogi State Snapshot
- Total land area: 27,747 Sq. Km
- Local Government Areas: 21 LGAs: Adavi, Ajaokuta, Ankpa, Bassa, Dekina, Ibaji, Idah, Igalamela-Odulu, Ijumu, Kabba/Bunu, Koton Karfe, Lokoja, Mopa-Muro, Ofu, Ogori/Magongo, Okehi, Okene, Olamaboro, Omala, Yagba East, Yagba West.
- Population: 3,314,043 (Male- 1,672,903 and Female- 1,641,140)
- Vegetation: Mixed leguminous (guinea) woodland to forest savannah.
- Major crops: Coffee, Cocoa, Palm Oil, Cashews, Groundnuts, Maize, Cassava, Yam, Rice and Melon.
- Solid minerals: Iron-Ore, Limestone, Tantalite.
Main Investment Opportunities
Opportunities for investment exist in:
- Light Manufacturing