From pre-colonial times to the present, Katsina state has always been the shining star of the North. It is not only the cultural pacesetter of the region; it is also birthplace of the seven historic Hausa states that form the nucleus of what is today northwest Nigeria. The state was formed in 1987 from part of Kaduna State. The State is bounded in the East by Kano State, in the West by Sokoto State, in the South by Kaduna State and in the North by the Niger Republic.
Katsina State Snapshot
- Total land area: 23,561 Sq. Km
- Local Government Areas: 34 LGAs: Bakori, Batagarawa, Batsari, Baure, Bindawa, Charanchi, Dan Musa, Dandume, Danja, Daura, Dustin – Ma, Dutsi, Faskari, Funtua, Ingawa, Jibia, Kafur, Kaita, Kankara, Kankia, Katsina, Kurfi, Kusada, Mai’adua, Malumfashi, Mani, Mashi, Matazu, Musawa, Rimi, Sabuwa, Safana, Sandamu, Zango.
- Population: 5,801,584 (Male- 2,948,279 and Female- 2,853,305)
- Vegetation: Scrub and Wooded Savannah
- Major crops: Cotton, Sorghum, Sugarcane,
- Solid minerals: Basalt, Diamonds, Feldspar, Granite, Graphite, Gold, Iron-Ore, Kaolin, Manganese, Nickel, Uranium.
Main Investment Opportunities
Opportunities for investment exist in:
- Light Manufacturing
For more Information, please visit: http://www.investkatsina.com.ng/index.html