Edo State is referred to as the “heartbeat of Nigeria” and is located in the South-South geo-political zone of Nigeria. Edo State is an oil-producing state, and is one of the nine Niger-Delta states in Nigeria. It has a rich rainforest vegetation interspersed with hills as well as a rich cultural heritage that makes it a tourist destination. Edo State is also endowed with a wide variety of mineral resources and arable land for cash crops.
Edo State Snapshot
- Total land area: 17,802 Sq. Km
- Local Government Areas: 18 LGAs: Akoko-Edo, Egor, Esan Central, Esan North-East, Esan South-East, Esan West, Etsako Central, Etsako East, Etsako West, Igueben, Ikpoba-Okha, Oredo, Orhionmwon, Ovia North-East, Ovia South-West, Owan East, Owan West and Uhunmwonde.
- Population: 3,233,366 (Male- 1,633,946 and Female- 1,599,420)
- Vegetation: Fresh Water Swamp, Lowland Rain Forest and Derived Savanna.
- Major crops: Rubber, Oil Palm, Cassava, Rice, Cocoa.
- Mineral Resources: Crude oil, Limestone, Granite, Quartz, Marble, Gold.
Main Investment Opportunities
Opportunities for investment exist in:
- Light Manufacturing
Click the image below for more information on Edo State.