Ministry: Federal Ministry of Industry, Trade and Investment
Regulator: Nigerian Export Promotion Council
Export expansion grant scheme
Export (Incentives and Miscellaneous Provisions) Act, No. 65 of 1992, Cap. E19, Laws of the Federation of Nigeria (LFN) provides for a post-shipment incentive designed to improve the competitiveness of Nigerian products and commodities and expand the country’s volume and value of non-oil exports.
Validity for EEG Application
- Qualifying export transaction must have the proceeds fully repatriated within 300 days, calculated from the date of export and as approved by the EEG Implementation Committee
- The scheme operates a ‘Weighted Eligibility Criteria’ to assess applications
- The Weighted Eligibility Criteria has four bands: 15%, 10%, 7.5%, and 5%
|Local Value added||30%||20%|
Export Credit Certificate
The grant computed shall be settled by issuing negotiable tax credit known as ECC, to the beneficiaries. The instrument can be used to settle all Federal Government taxes such as company income tax, VAT, WHT.
- Nigerian Export Promotion Council
- be registered with Corporate Affairs Commission;
- be registered with Nigerian Export Promotion Council;
- shall be a manufacturer or merchant of products of Nigerian origin intended for the export market;
- have carried out formal export with its export proceeds repatriated into a domiciliary account in Nigeria and confirmed by Central Bank of Nigeria; and
- submit its baseline data which includes audited Financial Statement, information on operational capacity and Export Expansion Plan to NEPC.