Borno State, known as the Home of Peace, is located in the northeastern corner of Nigeria. It is the largest state in the Federation in terms of landmass. The State occupies the greatest part of the Chad Basin and shares borders with the Republics of Niger to the North, Chad to the Northeast and Cameroon to the East. Within the country, its neighbors are Adamawa to the South, Yobe to the West and Gombe to the Southwest.
Borno State Snapshot
- Total land area: 72,609Sq. Km
- Capital: Maiduguri
- Local Government Areas: 27 LGAs: Abadam Askira-Uba Bama Bayo, Biu, Chibok Damboa Dikwa, Gubio Guzamala Gwoza Hawul, Jere, Kaga Kala/Balge Kondunga Kukawa Kwaya Kusar Mafa Magumeri Maiduguri Marte Mobbar Monguno Ngala Nganzai Shani
- Population: 4,171,104 (Male- 2,163,358 and Female- 2,007,746)
- Vegetation: Sudan savannah, and Southern Sahel savannah
- Major crops: Millet, sorghum, maize, cowpea, and groundnut.
- Solid minerals: Feldspar, Limestone, kaolin, clay, potash, Iron-ore, and uranium.
There are three agricultural zones in Borno state: Biu, Bama, and Kukawa
Main Investment Opportunities
Opportunities for investment exist in:
- Real Estate
For more information please visit: http://thecaliberassociates.com/borno/