The state is located in the South East Geo-Political Zone of Nigeria. It was created on 27 August 1991 out of the old Anambra State. The state capital is Awka and its major commercial cities are Onitsha and Nnewi.
Some important tourist attractions are; the Ogbunike Cave, Agulu Lake/Gully, Odinani Museum and Igbo Ukwu Archaeological Escavations.
Anambra State Snapshot
- Total land area: 4,865 Sq. Km
- Capital: Awka
- Local Government Areas: 21 LGAs: Aguata, Awka North, Awka South, Anambra East, Anambra West, Anaocha, Ayamelum, Dunukofia, Ekwusigo, Idemili North, Idemili South, Ihiala, Njikoka, Nnewi North, Nnewi South, Ogbaru, Onitsha North, Onitsha South, Orumba North, Orumba South, Oyi.
- Population: 4,177,828 (Male- 2,117,984 and Female- 2,059,844)
- Vegetation: Tropical rainforest
- Major crops: Oil Palm, Rice, Citrus fruits, Maize, Cassava,
- Solid minerals: Kaolin, Limestone, Lead, Iron-Ore, Gypsum, Lignite
There are four agricultural zones in Anambra state: Awka, Anambra, Aguata, and Onitsha.
Main Investment Opportunities
Opportunities for investment exist in:
- Auto components
- Light Manufacturing
For more information please visit: http://ansippa.ng